The best wedding checklist to organize everything to make your wedding day perfect. This is just a guide to help you to manage your time and perform all the tasks that apply in most cases. If you are well organized you will have more time to enjoy and rest. Let’s start with our checklist from the final announcement of the wedding date till the wedding day:
The day announcement of the wedding date (Before 11-12 Months):
- Formally announce engagement date to introduce both families
- Decide the Budget for an engagement.
- Get Engagement ring
- Explore and confirm the ceremony venue
- Inform close ones for the engagement and confirm the presence
- Celebrate Engagement day
- Create a wedding budget.
- Hire a wedding planner, photographer, videographer
- Discover the wedding style
- Choose the wedding party and ask each participant to participate.
9-10 Months Before:
- Decide on the size, formality, and setting of your wedding.
- Compiling a guest list and invite for the wedding.
- Book officiant
- Reserve wedding and reception venues
- Decide wedding cards
- Order wedding dress
- Choose party attire and accessories
- Choose the theme of the wedding
- Establish a fitness routine.
- Reserve caterer.
7-8 Months Before:
- Find hotels for out of town guests
- Invite guests and Confirm their presence
- Reserve florist
- Register gift choices at your favorite stores.
- Plan your honeymoon
- Choose a band/DJ
- Choose florist
- Confirm the wedding invitation design.
- Explore designs of decoration according to your theme
- Send a deposit and confirm your wedding venue.
- Decide your honeymoon destination
4-6 Months Before:
- Start shopping for dresses, makeup, and accessories.
- Send deposit to caterer, photographer, and videographer.
- Order wedding cake
- Schedule appointments at Bridal Salons for you and your wedding party.
- Reserve rentals: chairs, linens, lighting, décor, etc.
- Purchase gifts with wedding cards
- Purchase wedding gifts.
- Decide the wedding menu.
- Reserve your limousine service.
- Order wedding favors for your guests.
- Decide a Choreographer
- send a deposit for the wedding gown
- Book honeymoon flight tickets and hotels
- Prepare a list for dance, band, and DJ
- Choose outfits for mother of the bride and mother of the groom.
3-2 Months Before:
- Review and finalize the overall budget
- Purchase refreshments for out of town guests
- Finalize all decorations and flavors
- Book room for the wedding night
- Choose the reader for your ceremony.
- Book rehearsal dinner venue
- Assemble rehearsal dinner guest list
- Submit menu and beverage selections to the hotel or caterer
- Meet with the stationer and select and order:
o table numbers
o Place cards
o any other accessories
o several identical pens for your thank you cards
o plenty of stamps
- Schedule tests for makeup and hair
- Start writing personalized vows, if applicable
- Schedule an appointment for a food tasting
- Schedule tests for makeup and hair
- schedule the date for pre-wedding shoot
1 Month Before:
- Revise all the arrangements
- Apply for a marriage license
- Meet with photographer and videographer.
- Start your pre-wedding shoot
- Confirm transportation for the wedding party
2 Weeks Before:
- Appoint a family member or friend to gather the gifts at the end of the reception for delivery to the proper location
- Call the guests who have not replied
- Confirm honeymoon reservation
- draft speeches
- Remembrance call to hairdresser and make-up artist for wedding
- Get final haircut and color
- Reconfirm your hotel room for the wedding night.
- Send a playlist to musician
- Delegate someone to return tuxes, rentals and tend to wed dress
- Send final payments to all vendors.
1 Week Before:
- Finalize seating plan
- Pick up the attire for the groomsmen.
- Confirm the final numbers with the caterer.
- Deliver your marriage license to the officiant.
- Choose someone to hand out the wedding favors.
- Prepare and pack for your honeymoon
- Pick up the groom’s outfit and make sure all of his accessories are together
- Get spa treatment
On the Wedding Day:
- Give the wedding bands to the best man.
- Eat well-balanced breakfast and drink lots of water
- Get ready with makeup artist and designers
- Present the attendants and parents with their gifts.